No products in the cart.
Mouse over to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
White Radish Seeds
- Store seeds in a cool, dry place until you’re ready to sow them.
- Radish seeds can be planted in both the spring and the fall.
- Radish plants need 4-6 hours of direct sunlight every day to form proper roots.
- Use well-drained Abono potting soil mix with added Abono Coco-peat, and Abono Compost.
- Plants should be spaced 3-4 inches apart in a container for proper root development.
- Radish is grown by direct seed sowing in containers.
- Sow seeds about 0.5 cm deep, and plant 2-3 seeds in each planting hole.
- Firm the soil gently after covering the seeds and water them immediately.
- Seeds should germinate within 8-10 days.
- Radish can be harvested within 45 days of seed sowing.
“Follow Our Traditional Cultivation & Have Healthy Lifestyle”
Radish is an excellent vegetable to cultivate in a tiny space. As a result, it’s a popular choice among container gardeners. Because radish is a root vegetable, the growing conditions for the root should be optimal. The root will not be able to grow well if your pot frequently dries out. As a result, keep the potting soil moist. However, make sure it isn’t too wet. The root will rot as a result of this.
How to Grow Radish:
Radishes thrive on soil that is high in organic matter. As soon as the soil is workable, add a few inches of old Abono Compost or an All-Purpose Fertilizer to the planting area. To avoid disturbing the roots of radish plants, spread the seeds directly in the garden. Sow seeds 12 to 1 inch deep and 1 inch apart in rows 12 inches apart outside.
Radish grows well in cooler climes, but it needs enough sunlight to thrive. Overcrowding is preventing your radishes from growing. For radish root crops, the soil is vital; radishes like fertile, well-drained, sandy (deep) soils with good organic content.
Root vegetables respond well to liquid fertilizers. To fertilize your radish plants, use organic liquid fertilizers like Panchakavya or compost tea once a week.
Check for aphids under the leaves every now and then. If you come across them, use a water jet to flush them out. You might also use neem spray once a week to get rid of them. Remove any leaf-eating caterpillars or insects manually if you discover them. If you don’t look for the first thing in the morning, you’ll never find them.
Radishes require water, but not excessive amounts. Radishes will grow in a well-drained seedbed. Keep the soil wet but not drenched. Before watering, make sure the soil isn’t completely dry.
Radishes need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight each day, but they can tolerate little shade. Because radishes are a cool-weather crop, a shaded location may allow to grow them for longer.
|10 – 28 °C
|15-30 °C Ideal
|6.0 to 7.0
|5-8 hours per day
|Preferred Planting Method
|3-4 can be planted in 10-liter containers. Keep a 6-8 inch distance between two plants.
|Time to Harvest
|30-40 days from germination
|Radish is a root vegetable that is harvested before it starts flowering.
|Aphids, Cutworm, Cabbage looper
|Best season to plant in India
|Beginning of winter and through winters