No products in the cart.
Mouse over to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Country Beans Seeds
- Store seeds in a cool, dry place until you’re ready to sow them.
- Country Beans seeds can be planted in June- July, Feb to March.
- Country Beans plants need 6-8 hours of direct sunlight every day to form proper roots.
- Use well-drained Abono potting soil mix with added Abono Coco-peat, and Abono Compost.
- Plants should be spaced 3-4 inches apart in a container for proper root development.
- Sow seeds about 0.5 cm deep, and plant 2-3 seeds in each planting hole.
- Firm the soil gently after covering the seeds and water them immediately.
- Seeds should germinate within 8-10 days.
- Country Beans can be harvested within 60-90 days of seed sowing.
“Follow Our Traditional Cultivation & Have Healthy Lifestyle”
Country beans are one of the easiest crops to raise for a beginner gardener. They’re simple to grow from seed, don’t require trellising, and provide a quick return on your investment.
How to Grow Country Beans:
Country beans and other types of beans should be planted directly into the ground rather than transplanted. They can be cultivated in containers with a minimum depth of eight inches. The number of plants you can grow is determined by the breadth or diameter of your container.
Hills: February –March
Plains: October- November
Country beans and other legumes get their nitrogen from the air. If you use too much fertilizer, it will stimulate foliage growth rather than pod development, so stay away from nitrogen-rich fertilizers. To supplement the crop’s organic content, use well-rotted manure, organic compost, and worm castings.
This crop necessitates both adequate drainage and steady moisture. Keep your raised beds or other planting space moist – but not wet – after sowing until the seeds germinate. Because these plants are susceptible to fungal disease, water them early in the day so that the foliage has time to dry before nightfall, and seek to water the roots rather than the leaves.
|Growing Temperature||70 – 80 °F|
|Germination Temperature||30-35 °C Ideal|
|Germination Time||7-12 days|
|Soil pH||6 to 7|
|Sunlight Need||6-8 hours per day|
|Preferred Planting Method||Direct sowing/ Transplanting|
|Container size||10-15 liter per plant|
|Time to Harvest||40-60 days from germination depending on the variety|
|Harvest Period||40-60 days|
|Typical Pests||Aphids, Bean Leaf Beetle|
|Typical Diseases||Bean bacterial blight, Anthracnose, Bean Common Mosaic Virus, Bean Rust|
|Best season to grow in India||March or April|
There are no reviews yet.